Oct. 6, 2017
We have officially ended the last week of classes for quarter 1. The students have been working hard this week to complete all the specialty final exams. Good job kids!
This morning we had the Holy Rosary event in the gym and every student got to be a part of it.
After the Holy Rosary, we had some story time and finished "The Smartest Giant in Town" and also reviewed some Cafe Menu strategies.
During Social Studies we described ways people modify their environments, and listed the things that can happen to a city if the population grows.
We used Math class for Language Arts review and practiced using the different pronouns we have learned about. We also reviewed the quiz on Roberto Clemente.
Science class was needed to complete the beautiful plant life cycle posters. They look amazing!
1) Social Studies p. 74-75
2) Think Tac Toe (optional) - Please complete in your Reading notebook. The questions/activities are good study questions for the exams. If you complete any 4 activities, you will get Dojo points, and a free raffle ticket for Dojo prizes. If you complete more than 9 activities you will get more Dojo points and 5 free raffle tickets.
- Monday and Tuesday are holidays
- Wednesday we are back in school and the Language Arts/Spelling Final exam will be first thing in the morning.
- Thursday and Friday are half days, so please be prepared to have your child picked up at 11:15am
- you only need to bring your Language Arts books on Wednesday, you may keep your other ones at home so you don't have to carry them back and forth
Have an awesome long weekend, and be sure you take some breaks and enjoy the holiday as well. If you are travelling away from Kaohsiung, drive safe and have a lovely time with friends and family.