Mar. 2, 2018 (Friday)
We had a super busy day in the grade three classroom today, but a lot of things got accomplished by our hard working Tremendous Third Graders. Here's what we did today:
- Language Arts/Reading - read poetry and practiced expression, wrote cinquain poems, and used adverbs that tell "when" or "how often," and we also had a couple Daily 5 routines.
- Social Studies - the students began a holiday research project so they worked in groups to find information about a holiday celebrated by cultures
- Math - compared fractions with the same numerator
- Science - identified and explained the three states of water
1) Math booklet p. 179
2) Reading logs are not mandatory next week - but they can be used as a bonus for days that were missed over quarter three
- next week is exam week for Specialty exams, but also Language Arts (Friday)
- Art and Music finals are on Monday
- please remember your library books for Monday
Have an amazing weekend!